After a great many years with no revisions to our dues structure, it was decided at the December membership meeting to add a modest $5 increase to the YRC dues amount. There will remain the same discount if payments are made prior to the end of 2016. Accordingly, the 2017 dues will be $25 if paid before 12/31/2016 and then revert to the full amount of $30 if paid after 01/01/2017.
The online member application/renewal form has is updated to reflect this small change in membership dues. Thank you for your understanding and for your continued support of the club. Please make your check payable to “York Radio Club” and the mailing address is 262 S Linden Ave Elmhurst IL 60126 or you can bring to any club meeting.
2017 renewal/application form
It is that time of year again when severe weather conditions may erupt at a moments notice. Consider putting your amateur radio license to good use by becoming a trained storm spotter. The National Weather Service provides training sessions in coordination with local emergency management offices.
Visit this link to see the upcoming calendar of training classes in the area. There are classes scheduled during the upcoming weeks for Dupage County as well as Cook and other counties. Also you can take online spotter classes, if you are unable to attend a live in classroom presentation. Just follow this link for more information. https://www.meted.ucar.edu/training_course.php?id=23
Spotter training classes cover severe weather hazards including thunderstorms and tornadoes. This includes the general structure and movement of severe thunderstorms, identification of important storm features, and safety concerns.
- Additional classes can be added. Please check back for updates.
- All classes last about 2 hours.
- They are free and open to the public.
- Classes are appropriate for all ages. Ages 10 and up will likely get the most out of the training.
- Pre-registration is NOT required unless specifically noted for a particular class.
- Classes are scheduled in collaboration with local emergency management officials.
- You may attend a class in any location, offered by any NWS office, regardless of where you live.